Friday, December 9, 2011

TGIF, enough said!

Happy Friday! 
Can I just say THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY!  I don’t know about you, but for me this has been one hectic, stressful, never-ending week!  I am finishing up one research grant at work, so we are trying to crank out paper/journal submissions left and right.  If I misspell anything in this post or my grammar sucks, I blame it on the long hours of editing and writing. 
Luckily my job allows me to work from home one day a week, which just happens to be every Friday.  I was especially grateful for today’s work from home day.  I really do enjoy rolling out of bed at 8am (the time I am normally at my desk at work), making coffee (lately it has been Starbucks K-cups for my Keurig) and checking my e-mails while still in my PJ’s!  Sounds wonderful, right!?  My favorite part about work from home Friday’s are the amazing breakfasts I make myself.  Today I was craving feta cheese, which meant GREEK omelet.  However, I was also craving avocado.   
Here’s how I mixed both my cravings together to make a mouthwatering, fantastic, yet healthy greek/California omelet:
1/4 cup spinach
1/4 cup mushrooms (portabella mushrooms are my fav)
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup diced red onion
1/2 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons avocado
1 tablespoon fat free feta cheese
2 tablespoons salsa (Trader Joes Roasted Fire-Roasted Tomato Salsa is my fav)


1.    Add spinach, mushrooms, and onions; cook on medium heat until onions are tender, stirring frequently.

2.    Stir in tomatoes.

3.    Pour egg whites evenly over spinach mixture.

4.    When eggs are almost set, sprinkle evenly with feta cheese and avocado.

5.    Remove from heat; and top with salsa.

6.    EAT and enjoy!

However, today my avocado craving didn’t stop at breakfast.  Lunch included a Tone It Up recipe, Black Bean Burger topped with avocado and salsa.  I had yet to make these burgers and boy have I been missing out. 


Yum, right?!  Thank goodness I have two left over and let me tell you, they will not last the weekend!

So, my goal for the next week is to try and blog at least every day, if not every other day.  So get ready for some fun posts – well at least I think they will be fun, I have been racking my brain all day to come up with seven original ones. 
I hope you all have a great night J!

Does anyone have any fun and exciting plans for this weekend? 
What ingredients have you combined to satisfy your cravings?

- Rachael -

No comments:

Post a Comment