Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up

Happy Tuesday, Friends!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family.  I know I did, which is why I haven’t written these past couple of days.  Sorry, don’t be mad! 
Here are a few highlights of the past few days, in no particular order…
Peanut Butter and Peter Pan
On Friday, my mom and I ventured into NYC.  Typically we would stay away from the city during the holiday season (too many tourists), but we had tickets to a play.  My parents live 30 minutes from the city so growing up we used to visit at least once a week for plays, dinner, visiting my dad at work, etc.  I was supposed to partake in today’s festivities with my brother; however, he was feeling under the weather so my mom was nice enough to step in.  First stop… lunch at Peanut Butter & Co.  I don’t know about you, but Peanut Butter & Co, is definitely my favorite peanut butter.  Their flavors are downright sinful and I am not ashamed to say that I could eat it straight from the jar by the heaping spoonfuls.  I use their peanut butter in all of my recipes.  So, once I found out they had a sandwich shop in NYC, I was all about adding that into the schedule.  As soon as I saw the blue and white stripped awning I knew I was in trouble!  I walked in, took a menu, sat down and smiled …
My mom and I were so overwhelmed by all of the peanut butter sandwich choices, they all sounded delicious. 
After about 10 minutes of staring at the menu, we finally picked our sandwiches.  I went for the classic Elvis, a grilled peanut butter sandwich stuffed with honey and bananas.  I even opted for the Black Vegan Bread - so delicious!

And my mom choose the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Sandwich, a cinnamon raisin peanut butter and vanilla cream cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, stuffed with crisp apple slices.

Let’s just say it took longer to pick our sandwiches than it did for us to eat them ;).  YUM!!! 
After our tummies were happy and full we made our way to Madison Square Garden to see…Peter Pan!  The play was spectacular and Kathy Rigby was as wonderful as she was in the original.  It was a treat to see her live and in person.  I definitely recommend this play to anyone young or old – my mom and I sang along with every song J.  It was a perfect mother/daughter day – Peanut Butter and Peter Pan. 

Encounter with Ladder and Attic
It is a known fact to anyone who has had the misfortune of walking with me, that I will undoubtedly trip over or bump into SOMETHING.  With that being said, Christmas Eve started out like every other year.  There was stocking stuffer shopping, Christmas mass and the traditional Christmas Eve dinner, Chinese food!  After dinner, we changed into our PJ’s, poured some wine, started a fire and then started wrapping presents.  About half way through my mom realized we didn’t have anything to put our stocking stuffers in; apparently my dad couldn’t find the stockings…hmmm.  This was clearly not acceptable to us.  So, I took it upon myself to climb up the “fake” attic stairs (my dad hasn’t installed the real ones yet since finishing the remodeling of the bathroom) and push myself through the hole in the ceiling to find the Christmas stockings.  Well, that was the plan…  I got up the stairs, got my arms through the ceiling hole, went to put my foot on the ladder for stability and BOOM I was DOWN for the count.  Yes, I fell from the ceiling and the only thing to stop me was the top of the ladder, which I very nicely dangled from until my mom helped me down.   I am sure I was a sight to see.  I am now rocking a black eye and numerous bruises on my legs and arms.  The one part of me that is not bruised or sore is my stomach.  My mom thinks it’s from all of my wonderful Tone It Up ab exercisesJ.  

Christmas Morning
Let’s see here are a few of my favorites…

I see a lot of Peanut Butter Jar Oatmeal breakfasts in my futureJ. 
Picture
Woohoo, more Mind Body Barre classes with Heather!


Wii Fit Zumba, Lia Sophia Jewelry and Stop & Shop gift cards.  I definitely made out, huh!?!

Well, that is it for now.  I have to go stretch for my 30 for 60 workout since I can’t do much of anything else.  Hopefully tomorrow I can show my face at the gym and not cringe when thinking about running, leg lifts, or arm curls.  I miss my routineL.
Have a great night!

What is your favorite holiday tradition?

- Rachael -
Santa was particularly good to me this year.  I got everything on my list, and MORE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment